AGAINST ALL ODDS TEE
The artwork is a symbol for perseverance.
And where the logo originated in reality.
You are the tree that stands strong against waves, winds, and fire. Nature is our greatest teacher, and its lessons are taught through the four elements. Which elements will you master?
A 100% cotton lightweight long sleeve.
Not only have I been able to share the Fourwards Movement story, but it’s also so comfortable! Just the right softness, thickness and fit! Thanks y’all!
AGAINST ALL ODDS TEE
Our stories are not the same. But they are all tales of challenge and perseverance, good and evil, defeat and victory, and striving for the goal of a life well-lived. This deck is a storytelling toolkit to discover and share the journeys of friends and strangers.
HERO'S JOURNEY INTRODUCTION
The secret to a good story.
Every book you have ever read, every TV show or movie you have ever watched, follows this sequence at its very core. If you look closely enough, your life also follows this structure. By diving into the Hero’s Journey cycle, we can find meaning in both the highs and lows of life. We can gain ownership, direction, and confidence in our stories.
Take a minute to think of the main character in that movie about the ring, the wizard, and the most famous, The Odyssey. These cards will reveal that your own story is not too far off.
HERO'S JOURNEY GUIDE
1. Called to Adventure: The hero is home or in a place of comfort. External circumstances arise that call them to act and lead a journey of discomfort. There is likely hesitation or friction where the hero may refuse the call.
2. Meets a Mentor: In the beginning of the story, the hero meets a mentor that acts as a guide to the hero during their first challenges.
3. Crosses into Unknown: One of the first big moments. The hero crosses the threshold into the unknown world.
4. Trials and Failures: The hero faces trials and tribulations that are necessary to prepare the hero for the true challenge.
5. Growth: Through these challenges, the hero may fail, but this misfortune of the moment is crucial to the growth of the hero.
6. New Skills: This self growth allows for an expanded perspective where the hero realizes capabilities.
7. Death/Rebirth: Meeting with the Villain. Everything the hero has learned up to this point will be put to the test. Have they learned? Have they grown? Have they actually changed?
8. Revelation: The hero has a life altering realization.
9. Finally Changes: In order to truly change, the hero must choose to accept something about themself and release it.
10. Atonement: By finally changing, the hero has made room in themself or the world to fulfill their underlying purpose and right their wrongs.
11. Gets Gift/Wisdom: Through the overcoming of these internal and external challenges, the hero receives a physical gift or a new lens on their world.
12. Returns New: The hero is back where they started. The place may be the same, but they are not.
AIR: Childhood/ Inner Child. Your Backstory. Flowing curiosity and creativity. (Diamonds)
EARTH: Adolescence. The beginning of your story. The formation of the Hero’s values and roots in past trials. (Clubs)
FIRE: The Anvil. The Now. Flames of your present forge your future and give purpose to passion. (Hearts)
WATER: Your Future. The Unknown. Takes the shape of the form it is put into and reflects the Hero’s fulfillment in their journey. (Spades)
GAME OF QUESTIONS
The questions in this deck allow us to find the narrative in our lives.Each question is related to the Hero’s Journey cycle.The questions themselves get harder and more personal as you go up in both suit and number.
The questions are designed to be played 1 of two possible ways:
1. To be played from the 2 of Air to the Ace of Water. By playing this way, you will work up the courage or connection to go deeper and deeper into questions and answers about your lives.
2. Or just draw a random card and see where it goes.
These cards are designed to be a journaling tool to write your story. Use each card question as a journal prompt in order of Air, Earth, Fire, and Water. This will create the story of your past, present, and future, and explore your passions, pathways, and shadows in the context of the Hero's Journey.